English Revival :: Tudor Style House

English Revival / Tudor Style House

Dream house shopping again.

I have been admiring this house from afar for quite sometime. This English Revival / Tudor style house is two doors down from my parent's home. Many a time have I craned my neck into uncomfortable angles to get a glimpse of this classic beauty obscured from view by Evergreens and a protective wrought iron gate.

A few weeks back, an estate sale was advertised at the house and like a bouncing ball, I made my way over to the property to snoop around.  I was beyond excited to step beyond the veil of my imagination and take a look around.



As with the exterior, the interior is beautiful - better than I had imagined really, with masculine mahogany baseboards lining the halls, a cozy den tucked into the corner of the house that is just begging for leather armchairs and a glass of brandy to take up permanent residency.

Monumental fireplaces and dark ceiling beams made the space romantically moody. I wanted to fill it to the brim with overstuffed velvet furnishing, oil paintings,  English hounds and my very own "Mr. Darcy".

It sold for 1.6 million in a handful of weeks...so, just a bit outside my price range.  I didn't buy anything at the Estate sale, but I came home with my pockets full of dreams.




3 comments:

Meeling said...

It looks like a picture perfect English home!! How fun to be able to walk around and take a peek. :)

Librarian said...

I would have gone to have a closer look at it, too!
The pictures are great, they convey the atmosphere of the place very well. You could always befriend the new owners and go there often to visit them :-)

Patricia said...

How lovely and my kind of house too. Just a tad expensive. We can always dream though!