Heceta Head Light House Bed & Breakfast :: Heaven on Earth

Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast
Last week I took a quick trip to the Heceta Head Lighthouse B & B for "work" (for the "top secret" assignment I mentioned last week). Although I went down on assignment, I classify this trip to Heceta Head as vacation. As you can see it is a very magical place to visit. 
Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, Oregon Coast This was the first vacation I have ever taken alone & it may go down in the history books as the most romantic solo trip of all time.  I took walks on the beach, hiked up into the forest & spent some time in reflection. There was almost nobody around as I explored & it felt a bit like vacationing at 'worlds end' - my own private play ground. Untitled
The property is nestled among the cliffs of the Oregon Coast & you feel very removed from the modern world. The B & B is the original Inn Keeper's House for the Light House on property (currently under construction, restoration to be complete by December 2012). Today the property is a historic site with a rich history dating back to1892.
 Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, Oregon Coast
The view from my room was absolutely breath-taking. I looked out to the spot where the cliffs meet the Pacific Ocean. The sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs was mesmerizing. Needless to say,  I slept like a rock. Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast, Oregon Coast It was truly an amazing trip, one I will treasure always. If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Oregon Coast, put this location at the top of your list!


All images & content by: Elizabeth Aley
Post a Comment