I take think walks (deep I know). I struggle to keep myself grounded at times & this is my solution: leave my cellphone behind & get out of the house. We are fortunate to live in downtown Portland & there is always something to entertain. 

The best walks happen when I wear my huge dark sunglasses & nobody can tell where I am looking. Rob once told me this was a time tested boy trick to check out girls. I absolutely love it,  you get a glimpse of the person with their guard down (& the glasses keep you from emitting a creepy vibe). 

I always end up wondering about the people on the street & their lives. What makes them tick? What do they want in life? I think we all want the same thing: to feel connected. To feel like our flaws & insecurities are not exclusive to us. That we are a part of something bigger than ourselves.
Post a Comment