Camp RYLA :: 2011

These darling young adults are the Chipmunks, my group at camp RYLA 2011.   
This past week I have been in the Oregon 'wilderness' as a counselor for Camp RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Academy). We learn about leadership styles, we do trust falls, set S.M.A.R.T. goals, talk about our feelings, sing kumbaya (okay, that last part is a lie, but you get the idea). I was 'unplugged' for the entire week - no cell phone, no news, no nada & although I missed all of you - I have to say it was refreshing.
-->
When I first started working with RYLA I was a bright eyed bushy tailed College graduate. Now, I come back year after year (right when my heart feels like a little raisin pumping in my chest). These young adults remind me how petty my everyday issues really are & for that I am eternally grateful. 

Post a Comment